In a bid to eat more vegetables my family and I are trying out some vegan alternatives to our evening meals.
This recipe is tasty and filling, packed full of vitamins and due to the spelt protein also. Give it a try and let me know your thoughts!
300g Green asparagus tips
1 small courgette
100g cooked artichokes
4 tbsp wild garlic pesto (recipe below)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Ingredients (wild garlic pesto)
40g wild garlic
5g fresh basil
30g pumpkin seeds
1tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
3tbsp olive oil (I used truffle infused)
1tbsp lemon juice
Salt & Pepper
- Cook spelt according to packaged instructions and drain any excess water.
- Cut courgettes lengthways and thinly slice, cut the asparagus spears in half and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat up a large pan and add 1tbsp of olive oil. Fry the courgettes until lightly brown.
- Add asparagus and fry for 3mins. Add the mushrooms and artichoke hearts and fry for another 3mins. Add in the cooked spelt and mix well.
- Mix in the wild garlic pesto and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately and enjoy!